Wednesday 1 August 2012

Being Undermined

My mother has now been living with us for 9 months. For many reasons (personality clash, history, she's a nut bar) this has been a nightmare, but of all the reasons right now at 2:50am in the morning, it's the way she's messed with my sleep training Merryn.

Firstly we couldn't move Merryn into her room because mum was there. Then we did (when she moved out, supposedly for good, a few months ago) but when she came back a few weeks later she went in with Mez because we had nowhere else to put her.

So now she gets Merryn out of her cot and doesn't follow any sort of strategy, let alone the responsive technique I'm trying. So Mez is now totally confused and back to screaming for hours if I try to pat her and leave her to sleep in the cot.

Thankfully my mother is moving out next week, but now I feel like I'm back at the beginning sleep training this baby! Thankfully I have at least night weened her but sheesh is it frustrating!

Ooh silence...it either means Merryn is finally asleep, or that woman has her out of her cot again. Bugger it I don't care, I'm going to bed, Connor will be awake soon so I need some sort of nap before facing another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home