Wednesday 28 March 2012

Having a Vent

I should start this post with a warning to say that this is nothing more than me venting about how rough I feel the universe is being right now.  It is a self indulgence so I can just get it all out.  I think it's good to do that sometimes and besides, no one HAS to read it.

So it all started  about two and a half weeks ago. We got back from a lovely weekend away at the beach on the Sunday arvo and we were on the couch watching some TV. It was about 8pm and I decided I needed a shower and to go to bed. I usually go to bed between 8pm and 9:30pm because I am up for so much of the night with the kids.  This is when I discovered welts on my tummy and legs. Within an hour they had tripled in size and I was in emergency.  During the night they covered my entire body and initially resisted the drugs to stop their progress.  It was all very itchy and uncomfortable.  About 5am I finally got home, with it all pretty much gone and no real explanation about what had happened.

That week I was up every night with the kids who had both developed colds.  Both of them have stamina and can go for hours, even when sick, so I just had to ride it out.

One week and one day later I was back in emergency with savage gastro.  They kept me in emergency on a drip all night because my temp and heart rate wouldn't come down.  By 7am and after 3 bags of fluids and drugs to stop the gastro I finally got out of there feeling like I had been hit by a bus.  That lasted for a few days while I recovered from the gastro and in the meantime Merryn got it too.  Connor thankfully seemed to be only a bit off colour, although he was very manic.

We hadn't even recovered from that a few days later when another cold hit.  All three of us got it but I was hit hardest.

So as I sit here, we are all on antibiotics for ear infections, everyone sounds like a Dalek to me, I have a hacking cough and have lost my voice and the bus just keeps driving over me and backing up.  And of course, neither of my kids is sleeping.

And so endeth my vent, with the heartfelt hope that the universe is done with me for a while and the bus will move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home