Tuesday 21 August 2012

Connors Allergy Testing Results

Well it's taken over a year of waiting to get in to see the children's immunologist and guess what.....he's allergic to nothing.  Her assessment is his system is dumping when he's stressed, or tired, or unwell, which means everything goes through too fast to be processed and comes out still very acidic.  This is what is burning his bum and also making him feel unwell so he doesn't want to eat.  His body is probably putting a heap of hormones into his system at those times and it's making his whole system go out of whack.

Ironically this all makes perfect sense to me as that's exactly what my body does.  I've been diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome so I have lots of issues with my digestion etc etc (I won't go into the gory details).  It means there is no treatment really, but it also means I understand what is going on and I should be able to see when it's happening and be prepared.  It also means the sooner we can get him potty trained the better, so at the least he's not sitting in acid whenever it happens.  Now that's going to be a challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home