Tuesday 12 March 2013

Definitely Chickenpox....



Well I've learnt something new. You don't actually need to be covered in spots to have chickenpox.

Connor has about 8 spots on his ankles and legs and nothing else anywhere on his body. What he does have is intermittent low grade temps, lethargy, off his food, little vomits every-now-and-then, problems sleeping, and very miserable.

I have been suspicious for a few days that he might be getting it, but I didn't trust my instinct because he didn't have the spots you would expect. Turns out kids who've been vaccinated might not present symptoms as you'd expect.

I just hope we've not passed it on to anyone!

Now we have to wait it out and stay away from everyone. That means cancelling all carer support and no Kindy this week. I'm thinking a case of Gin and a Stargate marathon might be the only way to survive it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home