Thursday 4 October 2012

No Sleep and Red Bottoms

I'm back to the diet theory again.  Yes I know I go around in circles with these things, but seriously, the kids had some junk food at lunch time yesterday and by yesterday arvo they both had red bums.  Then last night Connor was up from about 12:30am until way past 3am and Merryn was pfaffing around from 9pm until midnight and then had a few little wake ups from then until 6:30am.  All in all Andrew and I are walking zombies and I don't think the kids feel that great either.

I have been so tired and swamped that I've allowed things like tinned spaghetti and BBQ shapes to feature too often in a regular week and I think it's having an impact.  We are still careful on the dairy, but I don't think that's enough.  All this means I need to get out the FODMOP (http://shepherdworks.com.au/disease-information/low-fodmap-diet) book and plan a week out.  It requires time and organisation, which are two things I'm struggling with, but somehow I've got to make it happen.

I'm hoping I can come up with a list of stuff that is good, then make things up on the weekend.  Then all I have to do is pull things out of the fridge or freezer when snacks and meals are required.  This will reduce the times where I'm trying to prepare food and I'm too tired to think and/or the kids are yelling at me.  Now to get it happening!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home