Tuesday 21 August 2012

Connor and Kindy

I had the most fantastic meeting with the local Kindy director yesterday.

It came after a fabulous week where Connor really showed he's not only ready for a Kindy environment but I think he needs it.  He was mimmicing the older boys at his cousins birthday party on Sunday, up jumping on the trampoline with them and climbing up the tree house.  And he's had play dates over at his aunts house and gone down to the park with the carer.  It all shows that with the right approach we can overcome his anxiety and he can really enjoy being out and about with others.

So when the Kindy director told me they were happy to use special funding to get an extra teacher in, they would support him even though he won't be potty trained and they would work with us to get him happy and comfortable in the environment, I was stoked.  It means Connor can go to Kindy and get all that extra input I think he's craving and time with other kids, but in a supported environment.

I think next year is going to be a huge year for my Connor bear and probably his mummy too.  :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home