Wednesday 3 May 2017

Blogging

I am the most inconsistent blogger on the planet.  I think about it most days, but then I put all this pressure on myself.  The post needs to be perfect and have pictures and be on topic blah, blah, blah.

Back when I started this blog I was stressed out of my brain, exhausted, I had two children under 2 and I really new nothing about Fragile X.  So I called this blog My Fragile X Boy, thinking Connor's condition was the problem and that, that's what I needed to talk about.

Since then I've learnt so much more.

Now I know my daughter has it and that I'm a carrier who also has a whole heap of my own symptoms.  And that's terrifying.  I don't want to end up like my mum.  She's in a home, her brain is turning to mush day by day, her body is frail.  I need to be a super mum.  I need to be healthy and strong because my kids need me.

Fragile X, really does screw with your mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home