Tuesday 24 January 2012

We're Not Alone!

Writing this blog got me to thinking that there must be other Fragile X families out there who are using 'blog world' to vent into so I did a search. What do you know there are heaps of us special people out there!

I've started having a read of some of the blogs and I have to say it's like looking into a mirror. These other mums seem to be reading my mind and putting it down in words. I've joined a Fragile X Webring and put it on this blog. I haven't even written to any of these others people yet and I already feel less alone and less like a freak.

Would write more but Merryn is in my lap and is teething and cranky. She's not really slept for the past four days which means neither have I.

I should note that Connor is having more burning today and yesterday. I wish the allergy testing people would get back to us, I hate seeing him crying pain and walking around like an old cowboy.

1 Comments:

At 26 January 2012 at 06:39 , Anonymous Melissa Welin said...

Well, hello! I'm so glad you found the webring, there are some very cool FX Mamas out there in the blogosphere. I will never forget the first time I realized that there were other families out there to lean on and learn from. It didn't remove that heavy weight that had settled on my shoulders when we were diagnosed but it lightened it just a bit.

Have you connected with any Australian FX families? I've gotten to know a few through blogs and the FX Facebook community (there are several groups there, the main group has over 600 members from around the world...if you're on Facebook, shoot me a friend request and I'll add you if you aren't in them :-))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home